So the mercury was rising in the thermometer of my life this week as hopes were raised all over the place, so much so that one of my good friends suggested I do the lotto too. Just in case I’m on a winning streak.
I can’t tell you most of the news, though I may put something on Instagram if all goes well.
The week was busy too, and not with depressing form filling or cleaning or other happiness draining activities. There were stressful but positive planning meetings, a lovely late Christmas present from one of my wonderful friends, a successful and happy Powerchair training session with my disabled daughter B, Zumba, a visit by our lovely home hairdresser, assisted swimming with B, a walk in the Phoenix Park with a friend, followed by an evening seminar on Independent Living.
Then there was Friday.
On top of my caring duties and 2 hours of phone calls relating to youngest, I managed the following:
– collecting a parcel with a new charger for my watch. I also did a factory reset, and it’s working properly again. Hooray!
– attending another painful physio session for my hip injury that has prevented me from running for the past two weeks, but I’ve now been given the go ahead to start again. Yippee!
– visiting a new housing development that didn’t meet my daughter’s needs, but I was told there may be some ‘single storey dwellings’ in phase 2. Excited much.
– dashing back into town to buy some adult nappies as B has run out and there’s no delivery till Tuesday, and I saw some pigeons out of the corner of my eye and took a random photo of them chillin’ on a window ledge. Love it when that happens.
– sleeping for 8 hours with only 2 interruptions. Though I did have a sleep hangover afterwards. Apparently the cure is another good night’s sleep, so here’s hoping I can get one again soon…
So those are my reasons to be cheerful for this week – head over to Lakes Single Mum for more.